Updated: Mar 14
Are you one of the 15.5m women across the UK going through some stage of the menopause?
Did you know that 63% of women don't realise menopause signs and symptoms can start 10 years before their last period. The symptoms can create anxiety and a loss of confidence. These emotional changes coupled with the physical changes of the skin, face and body often drive women into clinics seeking aesthetic treatments because they feel like they are ‘losing themselves’.
Normalising and understanding these changes is liberating, it's important to know you are not alone and that there is help and support.
Dr Hayley has always had an interest in women’s health, gaining her DRCOG qualification in 2000. It has always been crucial to her to see her clients as a whole person and at The Courtyard Clinic, she is able to provide information and knowledge to support her client’s choices and empower them.
Dr Hayley was fortunate enough to attend the UK’s first Menopause in Aesthetics conference this month “It is exciting that as a profession we are now having proper conversations about the menopause and identifying it as a real issue to be considered in treating our patients.”
• Essential ingredients include:
• Hydrating agents (hyaluronic acid, ceramides),
• Retinol to stimulate fibroblasts and increase cell turnover,
• Topical growth factors
• In Clinic treatments: Chemical peels / Facials
• Botulinum toxin (Botox)
• Dermal fillers
• Biostimulators (Profhilo, HArmonyCa)
• Skinboosters (Profhilo face and body, Viscoderm Hydroboosters, Beautifeye)
• Fat dissolving injections
Energy Based Devices
• Resurface skin with microneedling / Morpheus8
• Target pigmentation with Lumecca IPL
• Stimulate collagen with microneedling / Morpheus 8 / IPL
• Tighten lax skin with Morpheus8
Supplements & Wellness
• Collagen, Biotin, Vitamins, Minerals
• Lymphatic massage with Hydrafacial / Circadia facials
Whilst we don’t offer an HRT service at The Courtyard, we would encourage you to seek professional advice from your GP or Dr Jane Peckham of Wight Menopause - https://wightmenopause.co.uk
Dr Hayley’s Top Tips to keep your menopausal skin looking youthful and radiant:
• Choose skincare products aimed at rehydrating & re-stimulating fibroblast
• Use a gentle cream cleanser
• Use an antioxidant serum, with vitamin C.
• Use regular gentle exfoliants, either physical or chemical
• Don't tackle pigmentation yourself, seek expert advice.
• Use retinoids- these are vitamin A-based creams that stimulate fibroblasts to produce more collagen.
• Use topical Growth Factors to encourage new collagen synthesis, reduce pigmentation and skin roughness.
• Use sunscreen to protect your skin from UV and Infra Red radiation damage. Aim for factor 30+